Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
This is a Product Management internship for the Summer of 2020. You will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is designing the future of cloud communications by empowering businesses across the globe with a set of simple, yet powerful real-time communications APIs.
Twilio is looking for MBA interns who are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and who have a strong will to get things done. The primary role of a Product Manager manager at Twilio is to build products on behalf of customers. A PM is the business owner of the product.
You should have some or all of the following:
- Must be a first-year student in a two year Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
- Able to complete a 10-12 week internship beginning in May or June 2020.
- 3+ years of work experience prior to your MBA.
- Superior communication and analytical skills, including a strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and work well with cross-functional teams.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excitement for platform products and passion for empowering others.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and “can do” spirit and insatiable will to get stuff done.
This is a hands-on internship responsible for an important product area within the Engagement Cloud, Authy, Wireless or Email Platform product lines. During your internship, you will:
- Partner with engineering and work cross-functionally with all areas of the company including: sales, marketing, support, finance, and operations to identify product opportunities and take them to market.
- Be responsible for developing a product growth strategy including a comprehensive analysis of customers, competitive landscape, product opportunities, and technical challenges.
- Embed with the day-to-day activities of the team and responsible for taking features from concept to market working closely with engineering and customers.
ENGAGEMENT CLOUD - responsible for using Twilio's products to help Twilio become the best customer engagement company on the planet. We're looking for a full stack engineer to improve customer interactions across the entire company globally while playing with and providing feedback on the latest and greatest Twilio products.
WIRELESS- builds products enabling the Internet of Things (IoT) for Twilio’s customers. We are a standalone business unit within Twilio, meaning you can work on everything from API design, scalability and big data to collaborating with customers on new IoT offerings.
EMAIL PLATFORM - The Twilio SendGrid Email Platform is responsible for delivering about 2 billion emails a day. As an engineer on the Email Platform team you will have hands-on impact in building and operating our high-scale email system, that continues to grow at a substantial rate year-over-year.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in one of our beautiful offices in San Francisco or Denver. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.