Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Carrier Relations Manager to join our team working with our Carrier Relations team and our internal Super Network experts to expand the partnership strategy to deliver the Twilio service. This role will be responsible for management of the partner mix, performance, and strategy for our product in accordance with Twilio’s financial goals, quality standards, and product feature requirements. Reporting to the Director of Carrier Relations, this position is critical and will support Twilio’s expansion with their Super Network.
Twilio is looking for:
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in telecommunications carrier relations and business development with demonstrated success across Asia market for US-headquartered tech companies.
- Strong understanding of relationship management and sensitivity of a growing business in an established industry. Superior communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to build relationships at multiple levels and to work cross-organizationally towards solutions.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to deliver results in a global and matrixed organization.
- Proven team leadership abilities including: creative and proactive approach to conflict resolution and problem solving, mentoring, coaching, recognition and performance management.
- Proven track record negotiating and closing complex agreements. Experience navigating through multiple decision makers and influencers.
- Highly results-oriented, Data driven with strong analytical skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the Skills, Energy, Hands on, Passionate. Persistent. Creative to Gets things done.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to engage with and present to executive level
As the Carrier Relations Manager, you will:
- Manage long-term relationships with telecommunication providers for an effective product offering in Asia that maximizes value to Twilio and our customers.
- Accountable for the business partnership and partner performance management against cost and quality performance goals for the Twilio service.
- Create a first class internal and external reporting, forecasting and alert system indicating actions for the Business Development team.
- Prepare and lead monthly, quarterly and annual reviews of the business relationship up to presentations at C-Level of partners.
- Understand the regulatory and legal background on a per country level and create a knowledge base of regulatory and legal basic facts for internal stakeholders.
- Act as a business consultant to help partners set their business strategy. Collaborate with internal and external business partners to build, maintain and implement business plans to support the sales effort.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our private office in the WeWork co-working space at 15 Beach Road, right in the middle of the city centre next to the iconic Raffles Hotel. You will enjoy our incredible perks: weekly team lunch, snacks, free flow of fresh fruit water, micro-roasted coffee, tea and craft beer, ergonomic desks, ping pong games, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
About us :
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.