Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Marketing Campaigns team, you will create an intuitive product that allows our customers to build, manage, and send their email communications. You’ll work with a passionate, versatile, and collaborative team, tackling tough problems as we continue to push our technology forward. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted communication platform.
- Typically, 5-7 years of software development experience with cloud application development
- You have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working in Go and Python
- Knowledge of building distributed systems at scale
- Positive attitude and aptitude to learn and execute quickly in a small team
- Live by and champion our cultural values encompassed in what we call The Twilio Magic
- Collaborate with other team members, including our Product and API team, to help influence, own, and improve our current product offering
- Experience with AWS preferred, Multi-region deployment a plus
- Experience in distributed systems and microservices architecture
- Familiarity with container technology - Docker/Kubernetes
- Ability to rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment
- Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, and our build/deploy systems
- Aid in the testing of our code and the delivery of what we create to production
Our stack includes: Golang, AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, S3), ReactJS, Snowflake, Terraform, Redis, SolrCloud, Kafka, Riak, Docker/Kubernetes, and Linux
As a Senior Software Engineer on the MC Team, you will be part of the team building our next-gen marketing communications products. With a constant focus on our users, we hope to deliver a new set of tools that will disrupt the marketings SAAS industry. You will get a chance to design and implement solutions that will provide marketers and developers alike with the tools they need to create personalized communication experiences for their customers. SendGrid adds in the complexities of scale and distributed systems to keep things interesting. Join an experienced and passionate team that focuses on making an impact. Opportunities abound to grow the product - and grow your career.
Additionally, you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street, Denver, CO. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.