Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Console is the part of Twilio that customers can see and touch. When leveraged well, it can serve as our primary touchpoint for communicating with customers, starting from educating them about best practices for their use case to providing them the insights and visibility they require to build and operate their applications. By crafting delightful developer experiences in our Console, your work will empower and simplify the lives of our customers and form a critical part of our continued success.
The manager of Developer Experience Console team will be a dynamic and inspiring engineering leader with a passion for delivering world-class solutions through management, mentorship, and influential leadership. Your team will take a central role in imagining and delivering the next generation of the Twilio Console, creating experiences that are used by tens of thousands of customers on a daily basis.
You will grow and lead talented engineers with backgrounds in front end software development, quality engineering, and production operations.
You are a firm believer in the benefits of working through Agile and lean methodologies delivering small incremental customer value frequently.
Your passions include delivering top quality services with amazing reliability and operability, holding your teams accountable to this high standard, and leveraging automation throughout the delivery lifecycle.
You believe in Servant Leadership and prioritize your responsibilities to hire great people, mentor through candid, caring, and timely feedback, and lead the team to consistently deliver; you are also able to dig in and support your team to solve hard technical problems and provide technical guidance as we scale.
You are an influencer and drive collaboration across the company, and you ensure the departmental strategy is set around supporting the needs of our customers.
You might be a fit if you have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Track record in building and sustaining high-performance teams
- Experience building and evolving developer-centric application interfaces
- Fanatically customer-centered, and take a systems-level mindset to build consistent and usable interfaces across Twilio’s Developer product suite
- Success at participating in cross-functional teams; naturally collaborative but decisive when needed
- Experience working in a distributed working environment
As an Engineering Manager of Developer Experience Console team we expect you will:
- Manage and lead the Developer Experience Console team and work collaboratively with peers across disciplines to meet business commitments.
- Lead your team through the design, development, testing, operability, code reviews, and deployment of features and components
- Hire, manage, and mentor front end software engineers to foster their career growth and progression
- Drive quality, predictability, and velocity on your team with continuous improvement mindset
- Collaborate with Product Management to define roadmap, priorities and User Stories
- Live by and champion our cultural values of the Twilio Magic
Twilio believes in the power of Platforms to create leverage and empower developers. Our internal platforms enable our own small teams of developers to stand on the shoulders of giants, enabling them to focus on making world-class services that delight our customers.
Twilio is truly unique: We are a company committed to your development, your growth, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We are growing rapidly and seeking talented leaders to join us on our journey.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California St in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.