At Twilio SendGrid we’re focused on developing and expanding our world-class, cloud-based customer engagement platform. Twilio SendGrid is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio SendGrid is a fast moving, lean company where every team member has a huge stake in the company’s success.
The Commercial Account Executive role at Twilio SendGrid is pivotal to the success of the organization. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly motivated sales team in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The ideal candidate is ambitious and seeks a challenging work environment, as well as possesses the desire to contribute to the growth of a company that is changing an industry.
We are looking for an experienced AE with a proven track record and also:
- 3+ yrs of quota carrying target-account sales experience in success selling infrastructure software or platform solutions to company sizes ranging from Mid-Market to small Enterprise companies. Consistent over-achievement in past roles.
- Credible, trusted partner with customers and their executive team.
- Exceptional prospecting skill set. Someone who is comfortable generating the bulk of their own pipeline.
- Experience with cloud computing business models and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com for tracking sales activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with value-based sales process and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- Balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Takes initiative. Creative. Personable. Self-starter. Productive. Competitive spirit.
- Resourceful, coachable, drive to overachieve.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
What You’ll Do
Account Executives (AEs) are responsible for developing the next wave of Twilio’s new customers. AEs build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to develop New Business by understanding and uncovering opportunities where Twilio can help solve company’s pains and challenges through communication solutions. This role is crucial to driving New Business growth in the Mid-Market and Commercial segments.
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Proactively manage deals through the pipeline via inbound and outbound efforts
- Capture accurate and complete lead and customer information in Salesforce.com
- Become an Email expert; consultative selling - must really enjoy technology and selling technology
- Determine what messaging resonates for different types of customers and adapt the sales "pitch" accordingly
- As someone interacting with leads and customers constantly, identify trends in product requests and feed that info back to engineering as well as identify larger trends and feed that back to management
- Cultivate proficiency in multi-channel communication and consultative selling around this expertise.
- Fully understand the competitive landscape and how/where Twilio SendGrid fits
- Cultivate a team mentality and participate in team sales efforts while seeking out opportunities to be a leader
- Have an influential role in helping new customers and iconic brands adopt multi-channel communications
- Gain a sense of fulfillment from adding value to prospects and customers who are taking their communications platforms to the next level
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street, Denver, CO. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.