Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Trust & Security team is responsible for detecting and responding to all security incidents on Twilio’s complex global network. Our platform integrity team is a cross-functional team bringing together leaders throughout the company to address issues of abuse and misuse of the platform. This team will identify risks and define features that will prevent malicious actors from using the Twilio network for illegal or inappropriate purposes.
- You have a passion for cybersecurity and a basic understanding of threat intelligence, fraud detection, and/or cybercrime investigations.
- You have experience using big data and/or SIEM tools to identify patterns and trends in data, especially security-related data.
- You thrive in a fast-moving environment and have handled security incidents, conducted investigation, and/or worked with legal and law enforcement partners to resolve issues.
- You understand acronyms like DNS, TCP, and SIP.
- When presented with a new technology, one of the first questions you ask is, “how can exploit this?”
As an engineer within Twilio’s Platform Integrity team, you can expect challenges like:
- Working with engineers across the company and outside it to identify risks and work to minimize their impact on our network.
- Providing input in design reviews for new features or new tools designed to address fraud and misuse on the platform.
- Defining mitigation and response plans for identified risks.
- Evaluating new technologies or solutions to determine whether they fit our needs.
- Participating in game days, threat models, and simulations to test mitigations and response plans.
- Analyzing large data sets to identify latent threats and pull out new patterns for further investigation.
Bonus Points for:
- Prior experience working with national and international law enforcement agencies
- Knowledge of and experience with security issues for global telecommunications and Internet providers
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.