Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Customer Support Training Specialist for our talented and dedicated Customer Support team. As part of the growing training team, you are a driven self-starter, recognize and act on training and knowledge gaps, and have a deep passion and point of view for teaching people the ins and outs of the cloud communications platform. This position embodies the Twilio Magic to the highest level. If you find those values exciting and are ready to build something amazing that supports our team to support our customers, read on.
Twilio is looking for a specialist with a demonstrated track record of leading M&A transactions.
- 5 years in a training role
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Media skills for audio, video, and presentations and editing
- Public speaking experience
- Learning Management System administration experience and SCORM
- Expertise in Storyline 360 and/or Adobe Captivate.
- Familiarity with running ILT in person and over teleconference
- Strong analytics skills to recognize gaps and improvements of agent knowledge and training opportunities.
- Loves being part of a company culture that wildly embraces diversity.
As a Support Training Specialist, you will:
- This role will be responsible for driving learning across the support team and cross-functional departments for self-serve and instructor led training via a learning management system and live events.
- Create scalable training to bring new hires up to speed on products, support techniques, and update documentation.
- Help drive and monitor cross-functional training and customer empathy initiatives.
- Be proactive in maintaining knowledge and training resources through content updates and live trainings by establishing proper knowledge cadence.
- Must be comfortable working cross-functionally with SMEs and specialists to create engaging and comprehensive content for our agents and other company stakeholders.
- Create a certification and assignment programs for products and internal processes.
- Work with other documentation departments to create content for distributing to agents and company partners.
- Successful candidates will have a strong understanding of training best practices, excellent written and speaking language skills, media experience (audio, video), and presentation skills in a rapidly growing company and product line.
- Evaluate existing training resources and improve on our scalable system to inform and educate the Customer Support team using presentations, written, audio, and video deliverables.
- Administer our Learning Management System for support and other departments who host content on it.
- Onboard new Customer Support agents to Support process, procedures, and responsibilities.
- Work closely with Product Support Specialists and other departments to create and update training materials as well as delegate and develop training with technical experts.
- Organize a yearly, week-long training summit for the support team
- Develop training certification plan to gauge agent readiness for product knowledge and job responsibilities.
- Scale to a global level across multiple regions, languages, and timezones.
The Support Training team is core to our agents ability to support our customers quickly and knowledgeably and building customer trust that Twilio backs it’s products with world class support.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is available for San Francisco, other Twilio offices, and remote applicants. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.