Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Growth Engineering team sits at the nexus of Sales, Marketing and Engineering, focused on making Twilio customers successful using our platform. We get millions of developers around the world to know, use, and love Twilio. By listening to our users and other Twilio product teams, we deliver and optimize an ongoing trial experience that delights users while guiding them toward success, retention, and expansion.
Whether we're re-inventing the Twilio trial, removing friction for users, or building help into the product, our work impacts the brand experience for all prospects and customers. There is no bigger lever for Twilio's growth.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has 5+ years of experience of hands-on experience developing full-stack applications.
- Has familiarity working in an Agile development environment, with an expertise in practical aspects of running Scrum (or other agile methodologies) within a team and in a distributed cross-team environment.
- Thinks at scale and design, develop and operate production [micro]services that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency and quality in a Cloud environment.
- Appreciates the value of great devOps, and strive for reliability, speed, and quality from dev to staging to prod.
- A degree is Computer Science or equivalent experience.
As a senior engineer at Twilio, you are empowered to create impactful experiences for our customers, who are developers and enterprises. In the Growth team, our goal is to make every developer try us, love us, and tell their friends about us. We want to put Twilio in every developer’s toolbelt and extend their preference for us over competitors. We believe products are a reflection of the people who build them, so we are looking for engineers with a strong sense of ownership and empathy for our customers. In our team, you will:
- Join a small, high-impact, diverse engineering team.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, and Engineering leaders and Marketing leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- Work in a full ownership DevOps model to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable. Develop diagnostic and troubleshooting tools made available via our developer portal and to our customer support organization.
- Work closely with a Tech Lead to define the products’ architecture and design while also driving code reviews and mentoring junior engineers.
Twilio seeks to fuel the future of communication as a global platform. It's a top priority for the company to win the hearts & minds of developers around the world. To do it, our team "wears the customer's shoes", learning to help an ever-increasing class of users create amazing apps.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.