Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Security and Trust team is responsible for securing and verifying every aspect of Twilio; from detecting incidents, writing secure policies and code, ensuring compliance and even securing physical facilities. Security is the most critical units within Twilio to drive trust and safety for our clients, employees and within our products. It is an absolute necessity that we continue to challenge the normal way of looking at security, and forging new best practices in a world where customer trust and safety is everything.
Twilio is looking for a dynamic leader who can work side by side with our CTSO as the Chief of Staff/Senior Manager, Security Programs in order to ensure optimal organizational structure and use of resources..
- BA/BS, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to convert strategic concepts into execution in a pragmatic manner.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple Security programs as part of an Enterprise Security Program and organization in an organized and prioritized manner.
- Ability to consider cross-functional perspectives and drive common ground solutions.
- Coordinate, plan, and track budget and spending against plan to ensure investment of resources based on company priorities and capability maturity model
- Demonstrates natural learning agility and personal flexibility in a fast paced, change-oriented environment.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation, influencing and leadership skills will be essential.
- Develop strategy to integrate Security into every critical business process and promote Security successes, standard methodologies, and unusual value proposition internally and externally
- Analyze business to identify key metrics and opportunities for effective execution; drive associated initiatives to improve business performance and exceed business objectives
- Develop and track key critical metrics across the team to track strategic goals, landmarks and accomplishments
- Manage the cadence, content and logistics for business, operational, and strategic reviews. This includes agenda development, initiative tracking and ensuring efficient/productive meeting logistics and facilitation. Utilize frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, drive transparency, and facilitate alignment.
- Engage with finance partners to drive business data analysis to make and execute strategic decisions
- Partner with HR Business Partner and implement HR processes to drive a culture of opportunities.
- Act as key liaison representing the Trust and Security organization and collaborate with team to drive consistent processes across People planning, Recruiting & Onboarding efforts, Employee engagement, etc.
- Craft, lead and maintain specific communications and cadence for All Hands meetings and ongoing communications
- Develop and encourage strategic change and business transformation efforts
- Build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence
The CTSO and his team play a critical role in realizing the Company’s priorities and initiatives. In order to operate effectively you would help prioritize time and attention amid multiple competing initiatives. By ensuring no detail goes unnoticed and no task falls through the crack, you will help ensure Twilio’s continued growth.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.