Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr. Product Manager to be a key leader of our Twilio Interconnect product overseeing our global private connectivity to the Twilio Cloud. You will be responsible for defining the product roadmap, planning & prioritizing sprints, specing out new features and product enhancements, and taking products to market.
Twilio is looking for a leader the ability to ship quality product in a fast-paced environment. We expect you to be able to work and communicate across the organization at all levels. Successful candidates will:
- Thrive in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity
- Be hands on, passionate, and collaborative
- Be a “smart chameleon” with the ability to persuade others and remove roadblocks
- Have a track record of owning product initiatives from requirements to fully deployed functionality
- Have demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & functional specifications, launching new products, developing go to market strategies, conducting customer research
- Be knowledgeable in IP communication, in particular: SIP Trunking, SBCs, app-to-app communication, WebRTC, and related voice communication technologies
- Have excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product based on research, data and industry trends
- Have experience working cross-functionally with sales, sales engineering, operations, and product development teams
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager for a technology company, ideally working with high availability production systems
- BS/BA in Economics, Math, Engineering, CS, or equivalent experience
As Senior Product Manager, you will:
- Develop product strategy, requirements and manage product roadmap in the context of strategic market segments and use-cases. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Own the roadmap for Twilio Interconnect
- Understand customer/market needs and competitive landscape for IP communication, in particular: Private connectivity technologies (MPLS, Cross-Connect, VPN, Cloud-Connect) and related voice communication technologies
- Translate customer/market needs into strategy and deliver product requirements and corresponding business justification
- Manage product throughout the entire product life-cycle including strategic and tactical activities such as product definition, go-to market, collateral generation, distribution and customer support
- Participate in agile product development process, ensure features are prioritized correctly and releases are delivered on time
- Develop, manage and lead new product introduction programs
- Create collateral and presentations for customers, sales training, datasheets, product briefs and other internal communication
Twilio enables applications and devices to make phone calls anywhere to anything — from landlines to WebRTC, dating apps to multinational call centers. Customers may connect over the public internet or via one of our Twilio Interconnect Exchanges, offering enterprise-grade security and quality of service to our customers.
We are looking for a Product Manager to own, develop and evolve this product line. Twilio Interconnect is a network of physical points of presence co-located with physical infrastructure through which our customers and partners exchange traffic among their networks. You will own our Twilio Interconnect product from both a technical and business perspective. This role needs to interact with different organizations within Twilio from engineering to the executive team. The success of our products is in your hands.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.