Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a talented analyst to join the Sales Finance team and provide overall in-region financial support for EMEA. This role gives you a platform to accelerate commercial momentum and regional growth while driving EMEA financial targets and optimizing sales cycle time.
As a Commercial Finance Analyst - EMEA your ability to build deep cross-functional partnerships and to clearly and consistently articulate recommended course of actions will determine your success.
You will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, super network, pricing & packaging and the extended Twilio’s Finance team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Twilio’s core offerings and new innovations to market as you create and evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilio’s P&L and make recommendations on transactions and overall pricing & packaging strategies.
Twilio is looking for a talented professional who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Math or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in consulting, financial analysis, and/or pricing background preferred.
- Previous experience working with technology (software) companies a plus.
- Strong analytical skill set including Excel, SFDC and Keynote/PPT.
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals and works to meet or exceed them.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to build strong partnership with sales and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrixed environment.
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics and unit economics.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures and consistently evaluate/propose discounting level and overall financial terms & conditions to support non-standard customer transactions while helping to drive overall product mix and regional financial targets.
- Proactively facilitate deal reviews, manage escalations and add valuable insights to drive decision making.
- Partner with Sales Operations to accelerate the overall deal cycle by driving process improvements while maintaining financial rigor and accepted levels of control.
- Support the development of deal metrics to report regional trends in pricing, product and customer requests.
- Partner closely with the Pricing & Packaging to set strategy and drive new pricing, packaging and discounting initiatives
- Assist on ad hoc finance projects.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. Visibility into how our products are performing is critical to making good business decisions. Your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is located in either our beautiful office in Dublin or London. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals 4 days per week, snacks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.