Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Program Manager for the Billing Platform team, with industry experience and a passion for leading complex programs. Billing Platform is building new services and processes to support order to cash activities to enable both our internal/external customers at scale and to successfully launch new initiatives to support Twilio’s growth trajectory.
We are looking for someone to help drive some of the most impactful programs at Twilio. These programs cut across both the products and interactions that Twilio delivers to our end customers, and the Twilio engineering teams that build them. As a result, we are looking for a motivated individual with a unique cross-functional skill set that includes business, products and engineering (nice to have):
- BS/BA degree in engineering, business, economics, or similar; or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience with program management or management consulting
- Experience working with/in back office, compliance or order to cash
- Proficiency building and implementing operational processes
- Exemplary verbal and written communication
- Highly accountable with a demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Can advocate on behalf of the customer
You will work closely with engineering, product and key stakeholders from various business units to initiate programs, document schedules and goals, and follow up on progress against those goals. You must be able to influence and lead across multiple functional teams in order to deliver complex programs to a successful completion.
You have experience in:
- Building broad stakeholder consensus and presenting to senior executive leadership.
- Managing successful delivery of large, high impact and highly cross-functional program initiatives while simultaneously tracking smaller projects.
- Partnering closely with engineering and product leads to develop program plans, establish priorities and create a roadmap.
- Driving adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices.
- Communicating clearly and effectively to executive management on the plans, status and critical issues.
- Lead program analysis to guide improvements to program framework, communications or processes.
- Be able to define success.
You have an opportunity to deliver tools and processes that will improve the efficiency of our engineering teams and directly impact the quality of Twilio’s products. You will partner with some of the best and brightest engineering leads and architects in order to improve the operational maturity of our products, by continuously raising the bar on the quality standards and defining Twilio engineering best practices.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.