Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Opex Finance team in San Franciscor. This role will be highly visible, helping guide the investments fueling Twilio's growth on a global basis. You'll primarily partner with business management and be responsible for reporting, forecasting, and analyzing all aspects of departmental operating expenses and its impact on the bottom line. You will also partner with management to help them manage their hiring and program spend investments. Additionally, you’ll collaborate with the rest of the FP&A team on crafting the consolidated P&L, recommending high ROI activities, process improvements, generating budget vs actual analysis, and completing other ad hoc projects.
This is a highly visible role, and the successful candidate is someone who:
- Can bring strong financial and analytical skills to a collaborative team-based working environment.
- Has 5+ years in finance/accounting or consulting experience, preferably in a high, growth SaaS environment.
- Has advanced Excel modeling skills.
- Is comfortable interacting with all levels of management and is able to build professional relationships within the business that will be critical to their success.
- Is a results-oriented individual with a "can do" attitude, and is comfortable asking questions.
- Excels at juggling multiple priorities, is eager to make an impact on the business, and motivated to tackle complex problems.
- Takes pride in their work’s integrity, quality, and accuracy.
- Experience working with Anaplan a plus
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will:
- Get to know and help shape how we manage our business.
- Develop financial models and operating budgets for the G&A function to help scale the business, plus variance analysis and other various projects.
- Drive excellence in data quality, work on complex tasks, and be the source of truth on how our business is performing in key areas.
The Finance team is central to Twilio’s decision making process. We guide company investment decisions to maintain Twilio as the platform to fuel the future of communications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful new office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.