Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Platform R&D finance team based in San Francisco. This high-visibility role provides an opportunity to identify trends, recommend changes, and model Twilio’s platform strategy.
You will lead all Platform R&D finance initiatives, partner with business management and budget owners to track, report, forecast and analyze departmental operating expenses and its impact on revenue. Reporting to the Manager of Platform Finance, you’ll join a small team and have a significant impact on how Twilio analyzes performance and makes investment decisions across our platform and R&D organization.
Twilio is looking for a high-energy and ambitious finance professional who has:
- 3+ years of experience in Tech / SaaS FP&A, corporate development, investment banking, or technology investing (VC/PE/fund)
- Strong communication & analytical skills; experience presenting to C-level or equivalent leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally; track record of making recommendations, not just reporting the numbers
- Proven experience of forming solid working relationships across the business, prioritizing in a fast-paced environment and implementing process improvements.
- Deep understanding of P&L components, unit economics, and common SaaS metrics
As Twilio’s Financial Analyst in Platform FP&A you will:
- Lead the end-to-end financial planning, analysis and reporting process for Twilio’s largest and most strategic platforms
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify high-ROI opportunities to invest our budget
- Define and report new KPIs that help measure and predict Twilio’s performance
- Own month-end and quarter-end close processes in collaboration with accounting, preparing accruals and providing commentary for variances to plan.
- Own headcount and expense tracking for internal management and Board reporting. Be the universal source of truth for all expense tracking & reporting for Platform R&D departments.
- Escalate cross-departmental budget trade-off opportunities to the executive team and provide advance communication and notice of variances to plan.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. Visibility into how our products are performing is critical to making good business decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.