Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a high-performing finance leader to join the Sales Finance group. This individual will manage a team of talented analysts that support Sales in the US, Canada and LATAM and have an important role in determining deal evaluation policies on a global basis. This high-visibility role gives you a platform to accelerate commercial momentum and regional growth while driving financial targets and optimizing sales cycle time.
The Commercial Finance Manager, Americas will be highly cross-functional, requiring significant interaction with Product GMs, Sales Operations, Finance, Sales, Pricing, and Super Network teams. You will use data and strategic analysis to drive the mandate and general philosophy of custom pricing at Twilio.
You will also have a significant impact in bringing Twilio’s core offerings and new innovations to market, as you create and evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilio’s P&L and make recommendations on transactions and overall pricing & packaging strategies.
You will have a significant impact on shaping Twilio’s deal strategy and accelerating its growth.
Twilio is looking for an experienced leader who has:
- 6+ years of relevant analytical and management experience in Commercial Finance, FP&A or Pricing. Customer facing experience is a plus.
- Strong communication and ability to articulate a recommended course of action; experience presenting to Senior Leadership.
- Self-starter; knows how and when to escalate.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrixed environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills and clear thinking; experience building scalable processes and summarizing complex data that can vary greatly by product and by country.
- Experience navigating operational complexity and synthesizing financial insights into relevant actionable items.
- Demonstrated track record in deal evaluation, margin analysis and pricing with sound decision-making skills.
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics and unit economics.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Execute customer and partner deal evaluations consistently and efficiently, while driving overall product mix and regional financial targets.
- Assess customer deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures and evaluate/propose financial terms & conditions to support strategic transactions.
- Proactively manage escalations and approvals for exceptions. Add valuable insights and drive decision making.
- Partner closely with the Pricing & Packaging to set strategy and drive new pricing and packaging initiatives.
- Support the growth of our Twilio Build partner program by working on new partner engagement models.
- Drive the evaluation and roll-out of product discounting guidelines against Twilio’s strategic considerations.
- Lead the development of analytics capabilities to report regional productivity metrics, trends in pricing, discounting and customer requests.
- Provide and execute recommendations to improve overall deal desk efficiencies as the company grows.
- Assist on ad hoc projects.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. Visibility into how our products are performing is critical to making good business decisions. Your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful new office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.