Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is the leader in communications platform globally and in a recent Market Trends report, Gartner projected that by 2020, 30% of enterprises will embed communications into digital processes using APIs and modules from cPaaS vendors, up from less than 5% in 2017. This is a fast moving industry and we are looking for equally passionate, proven and motivated Enterprise Sales Executives who are looking to grow their career with us. This is a quota-carrying role where you'll be responsible for acquiring net new Enterprise logos in South East Asia and find new ways for them to build innovative and seamless customer engagement for the future.
- Possess a strong network of Enterprise logo customers from which you can build net new Enterprise logo adoption and new business growth for Twilio. Territory responsibility in South East Asia with focus on Singapore major enterprises.
- You will achieve high sales targets and goals with great attitude and motivation.
- You will establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each key customer and drive continued value of Twilio’s products and services.
- You will work with customers to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their business goals. Ensuring you are aware of all competitive activities within accounts and work with the customer success team to prevent attrition.
- Establish thorough understanding of your target named account's business strategy and growth plans. Develop, lead and execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customer’s communication workflow and business outcomes.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders - business owners and C-level sponsors within these Enterprises (CIOs, CTOs, CFOs, CDOs etc) to socialise Twilio’s platform capabilities and understand / uncover scenarios where Twilio can help solve the customer’s omni channel communication needs.
- Establish and expand visibility and on-site Twilio presence at these Enterprises to build relationships across the company, including regular engagement to provide product roadmap/innovation sessions, support, current issues, and current and future business opportunities.
- Leverage cross functional teams (Twilio Sales Specialists, Partners/Alliances, Customer Success Managers, Support, Product and Executive leadership) to build and execute account plans and strategies for each target account.
- Develop, prepare, and nurture customers for reference and advocacy.
- Proactively gather, analyze and leverage data on customer changes, industry trends and competitive dynamics to influence how these customers can use Twilio to drive maximum value for their businesses.
- Develop, lead and deliver effective sales strategies to identify, negotiate and close large deals.
- Leverage all sales automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through use of our CRM.
- Proven track record negotiating and closing complex Enterprise agreements and understands the process well. Experience navigating through multiple decision makers and influencers within a large Enterprise environment.
- Min 10 years proven success in B2B technology solution sales to Enterprises.
- Degrees in Business, Marketing, Engineering or any other related fields required.
- Strong track record of consistent QoQ quota over-attainment.
- Experience with cloud computing business models and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust. Ability to understand and articulate the Twilio API and cloud communications industry knowledge is a plus point.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com for tracking activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with value-based sales process and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- Solution-oriented and consultative approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- Ability to listen first and add value to conversations.
- You are highly self motivated and ambitious in achieving goals. Strong team player but still a self-starter. You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
- Eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use.
- You are relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems.
- You possess the skill to work both in team and also perform independently.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Spoken and written skills in English & Mandarin is advantageous.
- Willing to travel 50-70% of the time.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our private office in the WeWork co-working space in Hong Kong. You will enjoy our incredible perks: weekly team lunch, snacks, free flow of fresh fruit water, micro-roasted coffee, tea and craft beer, ergonomic desks, ping pong games, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST