Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Reporting to the VP of Pricing & Monetization,as a Sr. Manager of Pricing Strategy, you are a strategic thinker, thrive at building pricing and monetization frameworks to increase customer value, enjoy a fast-paced high-growth environment. You have the opportunity to shape the product pricing and monetization strategy, and be a thought leader in how Twilio addresses it’s market opportunity.
- 4+ Years of Pricing or Business Strategy experience in a technology or consulting firm
- SaaS/IaaS business knowledge with the ability to understand and model the tradeoffs of pricing and packaging decisions.
- Telecomm/Contact Center industry experience is a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years' of experience. MBA preferred but not required
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process by which to make decisions. At times, will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data.
- Customer Focused – You seek deep understanding of your target users and are adept at understanding their problems and arriving at elegant solutions to those problems.
The individual will play a pivotal role in the strategy, analysis and implementation of pricing and packaging changes for our products. You will partner with Product Managers and Go to Market teams to understand customers’ willingness to pay and the value of our products. You will manage the pricing and packaging from product concept to maturity of a set of products.
- Identify new packaging, segmentation and bundling opportunities to simplify sales motion and increase product penetration
- Use quantitative pricing techniques & customer research, including conjoint studies, economic value drivers and customer value perception interviews to rationalize pricing & packaging
- Define, track and measure pricing performance, defining actionable decision insights on pricing performance, implement continuous pricing optimization plans.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Go to Market teams on market strategy, providing strategic pricing direction and competitive context for new and existing products and features.
- Research customer behavior (qualitative and quantitative), design pricing studies and analyze data to support pricing and packaging strategies.
- Assess pricing performance and initiate pricing and packaging recommendations to capitalize on strengths and mitigate challenges for assigned products
The Pricing & Monetization team at Twilio has been chartered to help scale the Company to $1 billion and beyond. Twilio has historically gone to market with developer focused pricing and packaging offerings. For the company to scale to $1B in revenue and beyond, we will need to create new enterprise-oriented offerings that are priced to the the enterprise buyer and in alignment with the developer pricing models. Leading the charge in tackling high priority initiatives, this person will have the opportunity to make a major impact at a fast-growing company: a business that is rapidly disrupting software and communications worldwide.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.