TuSimple is a global autonomous driving technology company headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United States and Asia. Founded in 2015, TuSimple is developing a commercial-ready, fully autonomous (SAE Level 4) driving solution for long-haul heavy-duty trucks. TuSimple aims to transform the $4 trillion global truck freight industry through the company's leading AI technology, which makes it possible for trucks to drive safely autonomously, operate nearly continuously, and reduce fuel consumption by 10%+ relative to manually driven trucks. Global achievements include nearly 700 Patents, the world's first fully autonomous, 'driver-out' semi-truck run on open public roads in the U.S. and China, and development of the world's first Autonomous Freight Network (AFN).
About the Role:
We are embarking on a new and exciting journey in autonomous driving solutions and are looking for key individuals to join our team who have an entrepreneurial spirit grounded in data.
This role is responsible for go-to-market strategy and sales for TuSimple’s advanced driver-assistance solutions in Europe and MENA and can be located in either region. It is an opportunity to build a business from scratch, and to oversee the full sales and product life cycle of next generation advanced driver assistance solutions. This includes TuSimple’s proprietary autonomous domain controller, turnkey L2+/L3 solutions, and TS-Box, an integrated vehicle perception module, just to name a few.
As the Autonomous Driving Solutions Senior Corporate Development Partner, you will thrive in preparing a strong ecosystem with strategic business partners who are critical for our technology launch to be successful. You will develop and grow relationships with upstream and downstream partners. You will play a critical role in developing our go-to-market strategies, executing them and then closing deals with our strategic partner fleets and internal stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy for advanced ADAS solutions across Europe and MENA
- Develop relationships with global OEM and Tier-1 customers
- Provide expertise in supporting all business development related activities i.e. partnerships, market research, etc.
- Provide customers with strategic recommendations and insights regarding how they should transform their business in preparation for autonomy
- Engage and bring in new fleet customers to adopt the TuSimple Autonomous Solution
- Act as the voice of the region to define product specifications and positioning
- Oversee the full customer sales lifecycle including outreach, co-development, and product support
- Proactively work with customers and internal stakeholders
What You Will Need:
- 7-10 years experience in automotive component sales to OEM and/or Tier-1 customers
- Experience with enterprise sales and executive account management
- Independent thinker who has an entrepreneurial spirit and strong leadership experience
- Proven record of developing customer relationships and closing strategic agreements
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with technical, contractual and financial issues; impeccable business judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with senior executives while in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- At least a Bachelor’s degree is required
- Can be located in either United States, Europe, Middle East, or North Africa
- Frequent travel
What Will Set You Apart:
- Experience in new mobility, ADAS products and other advanced technologies within the trucking industry
- Experience in global logistics and transportation
- Partner: We share, collaborate, communicate, and work together with colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Persevere: We are agile, adaptable, and persist through adversity to achieve objectives and follow through our commitment.
- Pioneer: We innovate, take informed risks, and set the pace for autonomous freight and its network.
- Protect: We safeguard the company's people, assets, reputation, partners, and how our innovations impact communities.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.