Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
TuSimple Company Overview
Come join us on our mission to change the world through Autonomous Vehicles!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Internal Communications Manager operates as a thought partner, providing strategic communications support to TuSimple’s C-Suite and business leaders. In this role, the Internal Communications Manager develops and implements internal communications strategies and plans to engage, inform, align, and inspire employees and candidates, with TuSimple’s vision, strategy, and values. The Internal Communications Manager partners cross-functionally to build, develop, and initiate employer branding and employee engagement strategies, and creates communications and content conveying TuSimple’s Employer Value Proposition that extend throughout the employee-lifecycle.
- Provides thought leadership and strategic support for leadership, serving as the organization's internal communications advisor and jack of all trades. Writes and develops messaging around a wide arena of topics, including organizational strategy, priorities, key initiatives, and major changes. Drafts messages and/or talking points for leaders for presentations, organization-wide meetings, and other internal communications.
- Translates leadership’s vision into an executable internal communications strategy which supports leaders with sharing TuSimple’s vision and strategy in a compelling way. Ensures who we are, what we do, and where we're going is clearly understood, and that employees connect to strategic objectives and key initiatives.
- Drives internal communication strategies and programs to amplify company cultural values and increase employee and engagement. Actively seeks out understanding of what is occurring within the organization and works to “bake in” brand updates with company-wide activities (e.g. newsletters, surveys, town halls, etc.).
- Partners across Leadership, Marketing, Human Resources, Recruiting, and other cross-functional teams to develop an employer brand communications strategy. Drives awareness and adoption of TuSimple’s employer brand messaging internally. Ensures alignment with brand strategy across all communication platforms and channels.
- Manages multiple projects from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence.
- Creates timely and engaging content conveying TuSimple's Employer Value Proposition.
- Proactively identifies and develops innovative ways to communicate to our employees, providing meaningful insight to our strategy and brand, and motivating them to become top ambassadors for TuSimple.
- Develops and defines ways to enable quantifiable measurement of internal communications’ effectiveness, reach, and engagement with key targets.
- Fosters cross-functional teamwork and promotes collaboration, coordination and consistent communication among stakeholders. Builds trusted relationships with partner teams to ensure alignment with priorities.
Experience & Skills Required
- 5 years of experience in Internal Communications, PR, Culture, and/or Human Resources, Tech, or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A story-teller and efficient writer, with exacting editorial standards.
- Clear communicator.
- Ability to think “big” and deliver innovative strategic solutions.
- Deep experience advising executives in communications, culture, and reputation management.
- Proven ability to produce content for internal audiences at varying levels across an organization, including presentations, blog content, newsletter, internal emails, videos, and other forms of internal communications.
- Demonstrated writing and editing excellence; crafting internal materials and correspondence, as well as deep understanding of writing for different channels.
- Familiarity with best practice communications tactics and tools.
- Demonstrated success providing strong counsel to leaders and producing meaningful change management communications.
- Ability to communicate to an employee population that includes truck drivers, technologists, and engineers.
- Demonstrated success with capturing complex information and shaping it into engaging, timely, and valuable content through multiple formats.
- Event management experience, with demonstrated strengths in planning, setting up, and managing all-hands meetings and other employee communication events.
- Experience developing and executing thoughtful, strategic, and actionable employment branding programs which take complex technology and translates it into compelling narratives.
- Proven capabilities in project management, including ability to manage multiple projects independently.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Video shooting and editing
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.