Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
As the Manager, Autonomy Driving System, you will be in charge of one of the most impactful work in autonomous driving development. You will be interacting directly with our advanced Autonomous Driving System on trucks, and also toolchains running both on trucks and in our cloud infrastructure. You will be owning the pre-trip and post-trip process during our R&D testing and future commercial operations. By providing immediate support and feedback, you will be part of the effort to drive our continuous improvement on iteration efficiency and cost per mile. You will be leading teams at our Tucson office and also work closely with different other teams together to solve problems in our day-to-day operations.
- Ensure the high-availability, security, and responsiveness of the onboard infrastructure for a rapidly growing autonomous driving company
- Manage and maintain Cradlepoint, PAN ,other switches and servers
- Architect and project manage new infrastructure projects, changes and upgrades
- Identify, repair and recover from hardware/software/system failures
- Coordinate and communicate with leadership
- Maintain and audit IT and production infrastructure network, OS provisioning and security design
- Recommend, evaluate, and execute modifications to system environments in order to improve efficiency, security, reliability, availability, and performance
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of customer support, system upgrades, maintenance fixes and related operations.
- Vulnerability assessment, scanning, and ethical penetration testing experience
Experience & Skills Required:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electric Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related majors
- Experience with understanding of TCP networks and related protocols: DNS, DHCP, SSH, NFS
- Experience with VMware and Docker
- Extensive design, implementation, and operational experience with multiple firewall, WIFI APs, routers, switches, proxy servers, application monitoring, remote access systems, and management platforms
- Experience with secure network practices, techniques, and systems across the entire stack from layers 1-7 of the OSI model
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of tech experience and 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience with manage the enterprise level technique on-call operation, customer support team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities and adjust based on business demands and changes
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- 401K contribution
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.