Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
This role is located in Tucson, Arizona Relocation assistance is provided.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Autonomous Vehicle Help Desk Technician position will work within Technical Operations and closely with Fleet Operations to keep mission effectiveness high and to triage problems to appropriate teams. The role also contributes to a vehicle and system knowledge base as well as tracking metrics.
- Escalate severe and recurring problems to team manager
- Assist with onboarding of new hires and introduce to SOPs and workflows
- Understanding of vehicle configuration and software capabilities
- Triage issues that cannot be resolved in the field to maintenance for further diagnostics
- Work closely with other teams, such as maintenance and manufacturing, to reduce repetitive issues.
- Capture troubleshooting steps for integration into knowledge base
- Addressing and escalating issues quickly and effectively
- Other duties as required
Experience & Skills Required
- Associate’s degree or above in IT, Computer Science, STEM or a related field
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with command line interface, Secure Shell, and remote troubleshooting
- Ability to triage simultaneous requests
- Familiarity with sensors
- Autonomous system testing and support experience a plus
- Ability to refer to and update knowledge base
- Adaptability to changing systems and workflows
- Eager to learn new technologies
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
- Experience with high-volume triage
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your dependents
- Meals available every day
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
This role is located in Tucson, Arizona.