Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Director of Government Affairs is responsible for establishing and managing relationships between government officials, outside organizations and TuSimple to ensure the continued expansion of TuSimple’s AFN Network. This position is also responsible for monitoring upcoming, and reviewing existing, legislation regarding autonomous vehicles and partnering with government officials to update or create legislation on establishing the presence of autonomous vehicles on regular roadways. This position will collaborate with other internal and external groups on the development and production of a purpose-built autonomous truck.
- Advocate on the federal level for a supportive regulatory and legislative framework for the deployment and adoption of autonomous trucks
- Ensure the availability of state testing and deployment of autonomous trucks
- Work with industry groups and stakeholders on autonomous trucking public policy
- Develop ecosystem partnerships that support the deployment of autonomous trucks
- Collaborate with the product team, engineering team, and Sr. Director of Autonomous Safety to develop forward thinking strategy to ensure product development alignment with regulations
- Support business and legal teams on collaboration with truck OEM and ecosystem partners
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 8–10 years of stakeholder management experience with increasing levels of responsibility, including roles focused on direct relationship management and managing or supporting teams with stakeholder management responsibilities.
- 5-7 years experience with high-net worth individuals preferred; other relevant experience includes external affairs, policy advocacy, sales, investor relations, development/fundraising, and/or stakeholder management.
- Intermediate computer application skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, GSuite including Gmail.
- Excellent relationship building & partnership management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships and build connections among a variety of stakeholders and external partners
- Some knowledge of federal, state, and local fleet and safety regulatory requirements (DOT, FMCSA, OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Leadership, collaboration, analytical, influential, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally both verbally, non-verbally and in writing in English.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, communication, and interpersonal skills; and
- Exceptional time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills: verbal, written, listening and group facilitation.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your dependents
- Meals provided daily
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.