Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
This role is located in Tucson, AZ.
Email your resume directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Fleet Supervisor responsibilities include the management of fleet maintenance programs, scheduling, monitoring, vehicle assignments, vehicle compliance, accuracy of vehicle data, analyzing data and presenting results. This role is responsible for supervising, scheduling, planning, organizing, and evaluating maintenance work performed by employees and/or vendors in a shop or in the field. Such work consists of all levels of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic repair of cars, trucks, and construction equipment. This position will work from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Manage team on all vehicle operations including maintenance, reporting, assignments, scheduling, and vehicle compliance.
- Responsible for training, monitoring, coaching, time management, and performing reviews with team members.
- Maintain a daily log of all significant activities including details of repairs to fleet that result in delays or cancellations or that renders spares unavailable due to lack of parts or special tools.
- Establish relationships with local business partners to communicate and enforce corporate fleet policies, processes, and standards.
- Assist management in executing operational business plans and implementing procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Maintain operational requirements by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing production and control standards and procedures while ensuring cost, quality and delivery commitments are met.
- Implement and ensure compliance with all safety measures, promoting a culture of zero injuries.
- Meet with local customer base and conduct field visits to maintain current knowledge of vehicle operations.
- Work with customers, both internal and external, to resolve escalated service issues and provide support during catastrophic events.
- Maintain outside vendor and service provider relationships.
- Work with manager to utilize team resources to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service against key performance indicators.
- Responsible for compliance and accuracy of invoices, purchase orders and procurement card submissions, maintenance records and vehicle data
- Promptly notifying the Director of Fleet Operations of any unusual or controversial situation, which is outside the routine handling of most maintenance.
- Coordinate with Maintenance, Inspection, and Supply departments to ensure adequate manpower, parts and test equipment are available for scheduled maintenance and inspections.
- Perform diagnosis, repairs and maintenance which may include: brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- Manage shop operations by monitoring maintenance and repair processes to ensure they are in accordance with refurbishment or repair procedures, monitors and ensures shop and worker compliance with state and federal regulations.
Experience & Skills Required
- High school diploma and 5 years working in an Fleet Shop in heavy duty truck and trailer maintenance.
- Bachelors degree or 5 years of experience in a fleet management environment preferred
- Prior supervisory and lead technician experience preferred
- ASE certified Master Technician preferred
- Transmission, Diesel, and Hydraulic experience preferred
100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your dependents
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided every day
Unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
Gym membership reimbursement
Monthly team building budget
Employer-paid life insurance
Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
This role is located in Tucson, AZ.