Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
This role is located in San Diego, CA. Relocation assistance is provided.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Advanced Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded over half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of driverless trucking solutions. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
TuSimple is a self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. The software architecture and design for our embedded product is critical to the mission of providing the framework for our on-board SAE Level 4 autonomous driving product solution.
This architectural framework is of tremendous importance, as it dictates the overall performance, safety, reliability, and availability of the autonomous driving system for the company's product.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Developing innovative software architectures and designs to evolve our existing systems into world class commercial products.
- Developing in-house solutions where innovation is needed and technology boundaries are pushed
- Researching, simulating, and demonstrating cutting edge hardware/software technologies to improve autonomous driving system operation and performance
- Work closely with peer Product, Engineering, Safety, and Offboard teams to design, develop and refine onboard software product architecture and design that can successfully be applied to our autonomous vehicles;
- Be a tech lead to other subject matter expert engineers to design and continuously improve our onboard software product;
- Identify, study, and introduce latest technologies & tools that will improve the architecture, design, and performance of our autonomous driving product;
- Help identify and support the hiring of exceptional talent to grow the team.
Experience & Skills - Required
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree with major in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Applied Mathematics, Numerical Analysis, Mechatronics, or similar;
- 3+ year’s industrial experience in any embedded software architecture, design, and/or development for automotive grade or similar embedded ECUs;
- 5+ year’s industrial experience as an Engineer in embedded software development, integration, test, and/or validation;
- In-depth involvement in designing, developing, and testing large scale embedded software products and their impact on architecture, in the field of autonomous driving and/or automotive grade solutions;
- Experience with one or more embedded POSIX OSs typical in automotive applications and the various sub-systems, facilities, libraries, and interfaces to BSP and middleware layers;
- Experience with middleware interface standards like AUTOSAR Classic, Adaptive and message standards like SOME/IP and/or DDS;
- Experience in real-time performance strategies, characterizations, and management requirements in LINUX and/or other embedded OSs, RT Patch
- Experience with software architecture/design modeling & tools for SysML, UML, ARXML generation like Visual Paradigm, System Architect, PREEVision, etc...
- Experience with automotive safety concepts as applied to software architecture from ISO 26262 and 21448;
- Experience with configuration and application of at least one or more vehicle bus SW stack from CAN, CAN-FD, or FlexRay;
- Experience with configuration, protocols, and application of Ethernet networking communication stack;
- Experience with application of TSN and/or other embedded timing architectures up to and including application of IEEE 802.1AS standards;
- Proven ability to network & collaborate with multiple stakeholder teams in a matrixed organization, self-driven, and excellent verbal and written skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience.
Experience & Skills - Preferred
- Master’s Degree or higher with major in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Applied Mathematics, Numerical Analysis, Mechatronics, or similar;
- 5+ year’s industrial experience in any embedded software architecture, design, and/or development for automotive grade or similar embedded ECUs;
- 7+ year’s industrial experience as an Engineer in embedded software development, integration, test, and/or validation;
- Background and/or industrial experience in software architecture and design that supports cybersecurity and cryptographic operations is preferred;
- Background in large scale scrum and Agile development methodologies;
- Background with SPICE/ASPICE processes and at least one QMS system is preferred;
- Background using Emulators for proof of principle software architectural and design concepts;
- Background in at least one embedded commercial RTOS (SafeLinux, QNX, VXWorks, …), Linux kernel, and parallel programming architecture structures.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Up to a 20% discretionary bonus.
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid education/training.
- Company-paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
This role is located in San Diego, CA. Relocation assistance is provided.
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt