Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Software Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a discipline that incorporates aspects of software engineering and applies them to infrastructure and operations problems. The main goals are to create scalable and highly reliable software systems.
The Software Reliability Engineer Intern will be a part of a team working on a variety of software engineering tasks to create and maintain scalable solutions and reliable software systems for our autonomous truck platform. You will have an opportunity to impact backend services such as fleet monitoring, machine learning and continuous integration among others.
- Collaborate with others to define and execute on our SRE vision
- Continuously improve our process for detecting, responding to, and learning from production incidents
- Provide visibility into availability and performance metrics
- Reclaim Engineering time by substituting traditionally laborious human tasks with the automation of infrastructure, configuration, and delivery
- Optimize tools and processes
- Understand, deploy and provide technical support for infrastructure systems
- Engage in system design and development from the perspective of SRE
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating real and potential system problems and issues
- Ensure and improve security, stability, and scalability by creating new code and scripting
- Monitor and maintain enterprise-level data centers
- Handle and debug complex server and service-related issues
- Help service owners identify and instrument Service Level Objectives and design alerts that follow best practices
- Build tools and mechanisms that enable engineers to deploy and test their services in production
- Facilitate blameless postmortems and drive effective action items
- Help teams with automating tedious tasks and enable them to quickly launch new services.
- Work with service owners to have a proactive approach to designing tests, observing results and creating fixes for complex failure scenarios.
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a MS program in Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science
- A strong foundation of Linux Systems Engineering and Automation.
- Fluent with one or more programming languages such as Go, Python or Java
- Deep understandings of Cloud-based (i.e. AWS, Azure, etc.) services and API
- Experience with container-based architecture, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Streaming and Database technologies such as Postgres, Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Able to debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across technical teams
- A passion and habit for measuring key data points
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: