This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
- Developing highly efficient and versatile messaging frameworks to enable low latency communication between autonomous driving function components
- Monitoring, recording and analyzing key metrics to discover and optimize performance bottlenecks
- Researching on cutting edge hardware/software technologies to improve autonomous driving system throughput
- Design, implement and maintain the base frameworks, diagnostic systems and data processing pipelines that scaffold our autonomous driving system
- Continuously monitor, discover and summarizes key performance bottlenecks in our system, propose and productionize novel solutions
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a MS/PhD program in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- Ability to write product-quality code in C++ and/or Python
- Comfortable and experienced in software development life cycle - coding, debugging, optimization, testing, integration
- Basic understanding of Operating System, Parallel Computing or Distributed System
- Ability to collaborate with others, to communicate effectively and concisely in English
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in C++/Python program profiling and optimization
- Experience in ROS or other robotics middleware platforms
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.