Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
- Leads a team of sw safety engineers to help identify safety metrics for algorithm modules based on unsafe known failure modes.
- Defines the path in leveraging tusimple’s Machine Learning platform and verification tools (simulation, SIL) to verify the defined safety metrics across all known scenarios.
- Leverages existing state-of-the-art industry SW safety standards or guidelines to support the development of the SW safety analysis process and identification of activities.
- Define the work packages required for compliance with the safety standards (ISO 26262, ISO 21448, UL4600) and ensure adequate staffing for the project.
- Responsible for the application of ISO 26262-6 design principles on SW architectures and requirements.
- Responsible for highlighting potential gaps in tusimple’s ML platform or tools and suggesting improvements.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive SW safety plan for the team, coordinate with the project safety manager, product teams, engineering teams, and tusimple's partners (e.g. vehicle manufacturer, component suppliers) and align with their project plans.
- Support the development of a comprehensive safety case based on UL 4600 with special focus on autonomy functions.
- Support the safety analysis activities as needed (HARA, FTA, FMEA, STPA).
- Support the development of SW safety architectures.
- Support the development of the SW safety concept.
- other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- Holds a B.S. or higher degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience in machine learning, neural networks and autonomous driving software stacks.
- Strong experience in SW development.
- applied knowledge in ISO 26262, ISO 21448 and UL4600.
- Must-have experience in being a technical leader in a group.
- preferred experience managing a small group of engineers.
- Experience working with suppliers and OEMs regarding safety analysis and requirements
- Solid knowledge and experience with autonomous or automotive software architectures, including safety architectures.
- Strong understanding of software simulation, validating software functions, and software safety mechanisms
- Strong experience working with classic AutoSAR and Adaptive AutoSAR.
- Understanding of software quality concepts and processes (ASPICE)
- Experience deriving technical safety requirements from the Functional Safety Concepts, Technical Safety Concepts, and System Architecture Design.
- Strong experience in C/C++ and related coding standards (e.g. Automotive MISRA or similar)
- Applied understanding of SOC, AUTOSAR or similar embedded software, algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with computer system architecture, microprocessor, and microcontroller fundamentals (caches, buses, memory controllers, DMA, etc.), and supporting electronic circuits
- Expert in configuration management (hardware, its firmware, serial number, hardware, etc.)
- Knowledge of security standards (EAL/CC, SAE J3061)
- strong knowledge in operating systems: ROS (robot operating system), QNX, APIX.AI
- strong knowledge in compute platforms (e.g. nvidia)
100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
Work visa sponsorship available
Relocation assistance available
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
Stock options / equity
Gym membership reimbursement
Monthly team building budget
Employer-paid life insurance
Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,