This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19
You can apply to the job with this email address: email@example.com_hardware_engineer_0c71eccd2@ivy.greenhouse.io
With a foundation in computer vision, machine learning, and AI, TuSimple is revolutionizing the logistics industry by creating the first commercially viable L4 fully autonomous trucking solution. With this technology, we aim to create a world where commercial transportation is safer, cost-effective, and leaves a smaller carbon footprint.
At TuSimple we are looking for an experienced Senior System Diagnostic Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA. You will work cross-functionally with all engineering teams to build one of the most advanced systems operating on the roads. Your passion, determination, and expertise will be key points to overcome obstacles that will lead to a safe and commercially ready self-driving truck.
- Responsible for the global implementation and coherency of the system diagnostic methodology with the objective to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Create a standardized approach to how diagnostic is performed across different subsystems and maintain a classification of errors.
- Cooperate with design teams and the system team to build a deep understanding of error categories and propose scalable structure.
- Build and manage a diagnostic database of error codes connected with our requirement management system to provide adequate, precise and traceable information on these errors.
- Work closely with the functional safety team to define fault tolerance time intervals and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure availability of an accurate, complete, reachable, available, up to date and version controlled documentation.
- Be the primary point of contact for faults analysis based tool development for production and maintenance activities in relation with our external partners.
- Work with the product team to analyze product requirements and distribute them into system architecture and actionable technical requirements.
- Take initiative to identify, communicate, and execute high-impact improvements.
- Report progress and issues to the system engineering manager and project managers
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or related field
- At least 10 years experience in the automotive industry
- Truck industry preferred
- Experience with in-vehicle component-level system design and integration
- Familiar with standard diagnostic protocols such as UDS
- Hand-on experience on system interfaces, feature functionality,feature/system architecture, test methods and procedures design
- Familiar with DFMEAs methodology
- Analytical, problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Ability to handle changing demands from internal and external customers
- Ability to build Greenfield solution while navigating the unknowns
- Experience developing within an Agile environment.
- Excellent communication, organization, and coordination skills.
- Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomous driving or safety electronics systems experience
- Functional safety process ISO 26262
- Cloud diagnostic applications
- Cloud data driven decision and prognostic strategies
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.