TuSimple Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Brand Manager plays a crucial and strategic role with ensuring employees, customers, investors and key audiences, etc. have a clear understanding of who we are, what we do, and why we do it. The Brand Manager creates, designs and executes brand strategies and imaginative programs, partners cross-functional teams to deliver against business objectives, and ensures that all teams are aligned with our brand strategies. The Brand Manager ensures TuSimple’s brand is woven throughout internal and external communications, and out programs and products. The incumbent also keeps a finger on the pulse of organizational activities, utilizing them to tell TuSimple’s story, build content, and launch brand initiatives.
- Translates leadership’s vision into an executable brand strategy which tells the story of Tusimple’s “what” and “why” in a customer-compelling way, and ensures who we are, what we do, and where we're going is externally visible.
- Develops a deep understanding of key audiences through qualitative and quantitative research, creates data-driven and impactful insights, scrutinizes market trends, and reports on the competitive landscape. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to understand, align, and take action on target consumer behavior and insights.
- Establishes and executes brand strategies and programs to achieve commercialization, drive brand performance and profitability, grow brand equity, and market share objectives. Identifies optimal engagement strategies and campaign structure to reach key audiences and create engaging brand experiences. Evaluates and analyses brand activities and adjusts accordingly.
- Designs effective and compelling content to cultivate and drive brand awareness, attract key audiences, and spark perceived value from targeted customers. Ensures alignment with brand strategy across all communication platforms and channels.
- Partners with Human Resources and Recruiting to develop an employer brand communications strategy, which includes brand quality, consistency, and effectiveness metrics. Drives awareness and adoption of TuSimple’s employer brand messaging, internally and externally.
- Creates timely and engaging content conveying TuSimple's Employee Value Proposition, in a way that speaks to busy candidates. Extends the employer brand messaging framework across the candidate and employee lifecycle, creating and reinforcing an authentic and consistent narrative about working at TuSimple.
- Creates educational and informational content to drive brand awareness, support staff retention, align performance and support brand adoption internally and externally. Identifies knowledge gaps and builds learning plans to address. Actively seeks out understanding of what is occurring within the organization and works to “bake in” brand updates with company-wide activities (e.g. newsletters, surveys, town halls, etc.).
- Actively identifies brand/image gaps, risks and/or opportunities within a multitude of spaces (consumer, brand, product, business, marketplace, etc.). Builds and executes strategic plans to address.
- Partners with the full marketing team to create and execute integrated marketing programs and ensure brand synergy across all platforms and channels.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Communications, Management, Marketing, or related field.
- 8 years experience in Brand Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field.
- A born story-teller and superior creative writer.
- Ability to think “big” and deliver innovative strategic solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to confidently present to senior management, Board Members, and strategic partners/customers.
- Demonstrated practical understanding of visual communications, multimedia, social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these into branding programs.
- Experience developing and executing thoughtful, strategic, and actionable branding programs which take complex technology and translates it into compelling narratives.
- Proven capabilities in project management, including ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Demonstrated writing and editing excellence; crafting internal and external materials and correspondence, as well as deep understanding of writing for different channels (social, earned, paid).
- Demonstrated tactical and strategic knowledge of integrated Marketing principles and skills. Experience translating consumer insights into actionable and compelling marketing tactics.
- Familiarity with best practice communications tactics and marketing tools.
- Experience creating communications for emerging technology, preferred.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the autonomous vehicle and freight trucking markets, as well as customers/partner requirements.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative market research, both primary and secondary, including advanced methods, such as conjoint studies.
- Ability to utilize social media and marketing analytics to inform content strategy.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- Travel of up to 25% may be required.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.