Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Corporate Strategy and Development Associate plays a key role in the development and evaluation of our strategy. Through close partnership with our executive management team, the Corporate Strategy and Development Associate analyzes situations, develops recommendations and executes plans to support corporate strategies and growth initiatives.
- Supports the senior management team in the formulation of corporate strategies and growth initiatives. Conducts on-going assessments of strategic priorities.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of our industry, competitors and business operations; develops a deep understanding of key value drivers; identifies opportunities and areas for improvement. Assists with the quantification and articulation of financial and strategic impact.
- Manages cross-functional projects from end to end; communicates recommendations and drives outcomes with various stakeholders.
- Supports execution of corporate transactions, including fundraising, strategic investments and M&A opportunities, as they arise.
- Develops audience-appropriate, compelling materials to communicate, advance and/or advocate for the corporate strategy, strategic plan, as well as operational or financial initiative
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Finance or related field required.
- 2 years experience in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, and/or management consulting, or related field.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills combined with a practical, quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving.
- Experience building financial models and utilizing financial analysis to develop insights and drive recommendations.
- Ability to structure and develop thoughtful and practical recommendations driven by fact-based analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to present complex issues in a simple and easy to understand manner.
- Ability to independently develop presentations for communication with senior management or external partners.
- Proven capabilities in project management, including ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Experience with a start-up or fast growing tech company, strongly preferred.
Behavioral Skills Required:
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action.
- Enthusiastic team player looking to contribute at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, changing approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to effectively partner with cross-functional teams to coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, including utilizing partnering, consulting, and leadership skills to build credibility as a "peer" across all levels within and externally of an organization.
- Ability to maintain quality of execution throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to fast-paced start-up environments.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Strategic Management, Corporate Strategy Finance or related field or MBA)
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19
You can apply to the job with this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org