Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The inspirational Technical Lead Manager (TLM) will have 5-7 direct reports. As a TLM you will drive critical development initiatives and determine key architectural decisions to promote the success of your team.
You create a lasting impact on your team’s day to day operations and long term strategic goals.
A TuSimple TLM thrives in a fast paced environment and is devoted to growing a team of remarkable engineers. You will collaborate with your team-members to solve sophisticated challenges.
- Build and lead a high-performance software development team of 7-10 engineers from conception to DevOps oriented operations
- Work on critical development tasks, with both direct code contributions and by helping your teammates move faster
- Plan day-to-day activities and effectively collaborate with stakeholders and team members to balance feature delivery, operational health, and bug fixes
- Help your team make design and architectural decisions to ensure success
- Anticipate the growth of our service and keep your team’s part of the service healthy
- Lead your team to deliver while keeping your developers motivated, empowered, growing, and happy
- 2+ years as a team lead experience, responsible for hiring, motivating, growing, empowering, and managing performance
- A history of creating or maintaining great team cultures.
- Experience working on large-scale production systems.
- Prefer building or managing highly distributed, high volume services with 24/7/365 operational needs
- A hands-on foundation of software development knowledge that allows development side by side with your team
- Relevant skills and knowledge that will establish credibility with your team
- A passion for sharing that knowledge and helping to raise the bar for everyone you work with
- The ability to track and drive metrics, and the wisdom to understand what they can and can't tell you
- A drive to truly understand the needs of your customer, and the ability to translate those into business goals
- 5+ years as a software engineer in one or more of the technologies below
- Prefer inclusion of cloud native architecture enabled by an infrastructure as code approach using capabilities such as Terraform and ansible
- Experience developing distributed microservices for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications using a 12-factor approach
- Experience building solutions with cloud native services like Kubernetes and serverless technologies
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA) and external integrations
- Knowledge of cloud hosting services, especially Amazon AWS
- Experience deploying continuous integration and delivery systems such as Jenkins, Travis, Circle CI, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of DevOps methodologies in a production environment
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.