This role is located in San Diego,CA, remote friendly during COVID-19
Email your resume directly: email@example.com
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network
Tusimple is the self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. HD Maps are a key component to building self-driving technology. Here in Tusimple, the Map team is responsible for developing the cutting edge algorithms to produce highly accurate, up-to-date and realistic representation of the roads. The results are a critical input to the downstream localization, perception, and planning modules.
Example projects we are working on include:
Building map elements both in real-world and semantic level
Working on pipeline and infrastructure for large scale map building
- Design, build and optimize efficient pipeline and tools for building the map
- Develop efficient map data storage and querying techniques
- Investigate and experiment GNSS technology to improve robustness and precision of positioning service
- Collaborate with other engineers to conduct system integration and tests
- Conduct performance and code reviews
Experience & Skills Required
- Master/Ph.D in Computer Science, Math/statistics or other related field
- 2+ years of industrial experience in map related projects
- Product-quality code in Python and/or C++
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with tech stack of autonomous driving
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following topics: mapping system, computational geometry, GPS/GNSS surveying, coordinate systems
Related industry experience is a plus
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.