Tusimple is the self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. Vehicle control modules are an integral part of the algorithm stack, with significant responsibilities in the execution of intended decisions and maneuvers while maintaining safety, stability, and efficiency of the autonomous truck.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Powertrain-level optimal longitudinal control for improved safety and efficiency
- Benchmark-driven, robust lateral control under different vehicle configurations and disturbances
- Vehicle state and constraint estimation to support multiple chassis and powertrain characteristics
- Joint development of vehicle control interfaces, feedback signals, and redundancies with our OEM and Tier-1 supplier partners for production-grade Level-4 operation.
What You'll Do:
- Work with project and technical product management, research scientists and junior research engineers from design to implementation of the TuSimple control system and its individual features.
- Promote and enforce software engineering best practices through static code analysis, unit test coverage, and code reviews for all control development
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting technical and functional requirements.
- Strong collaboration with Software Engineering and Architecture teams to support company-wide software engineering projects
- Approximately 70% technical, hands-on software development work and 30% leadership and management.
What You'll Bring:
- M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent with strong software engineering focus.
- 5+ years of experience in research-focused software development
- Good understanding of control system fundamentals in classical and modern control is required. Hands-on experience in control system development preferred.
- Experience in robotics/ADAS/AV system development, validation and testing preferred
- Experience in software system design/architecture sufficient to generate a software architecture from requirements and reference models.
- Demonstrated object-oriented software development experience in one or more of the following languages: C++, Python
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.