Tusimple is the self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. Vehicle control modules are an integral part of the algorithm stack, with significant responsibilities in the execution of intended decisions and maneuvers while maintaining safety, stability, and efficiency of the autonomous truck.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Powertrain-level optimal longitudinal control for improved safety and efficiency
- Benchmark-driven, robust lateral control under different vehicle configurations and disturbances
- Vehicle state and constraint estimation to support multiple chassis and powertrain characteristics
- Joint development of vehicle control interfaces, feedback signals, and redundancies with our OEM and Tier-1 supplier partners for production-grade Level-4 operation.
What You'll Do:
- Working with product management, system engineers, research scientists and junior research engineers towards OEM program timeline compliance and Tier-1 collaboration project deliverables
- Interface definition joint design, prototyping and evaluation with Tier-1 and OEM collaborators
- Data exchange, documentation, review and validation for TuSimple responsibilities in above-mentioned efforts
- Control deliverables for joint demos
- Approximately 50% technical, hands-on design/development work and 50% leadership and management..
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of Automotive OEM or Tier-1 experience, or AV-company experience if they interacted with OEM/Tier-1
- Engineering Management experience (minimum 1 year)
- Proven record of inter-company coordination in an OEM<->Supplier setting
- M.S. required - in Electrical, Mechanical, System & Industrial Engineering
- Control systems experience required, control project management experience preferred
- Heavy-duty truck experience preferred
- AV/ADAS focus preferred
- English/Mandarin bilingual preferred
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.