As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy. TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform.
Tusimple is the self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. HD Maps are a key component to building self-driving technology. Here in Tusimple, the Map Content team is responsible for developing the cutting edge algorithms to produce highly accurate, up-to-date and realistic representation of the roads. The results are a critical input to the downstream localization, perception, and planning modules.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Building map priors representing the static and dynamic of the road
- Automatic centimetre-accuracy High-Definition(HD) map elements extraction and update from heterogeneous sensor data
- Large-scale sensor data alignment using SLAM algorithms
What You'll Do:
- Deliver high-quality and product-level code for modules on autonomous driving trucks
- Formulate ill-defined problems with data driven approach for autonomous trucks driving
- Be responsible for design, implementation, and evaluation of the cutting edge and sophisticated algorithms
- Work on different sensors such as camera, LiDAR, radar, GNSS/IMU and etc
- Experience non-linear optimization algorithms and non-convex problem
- Collaborate with other engineers to conduct system integration and tests.
What You'll Bring:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, Math/Statistics or other related fields
- 3+ years of professional experience working with computer vision, machine learning and robotics
- Product-quality coding skill in Python or C/C++
- Solid knowledge and insight understanding of at least one of the following domains:
- computer vision: feature extraction/matching, SLAM, SfM, VO/VIO, multi-view geometry
- point cloud: feature extraction, registration, (un)distortion
- state estimation: Bayesian modeling, signal process, KF/EFK, factor-graph, non-linear optimization, statistical sampling
- Publications in top journals or conferences in the related fields
- Good technical management skills and strong leadership
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.