This position is located in Tucson, AZ.
Email your resume directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
The AV Help Desk Shift Lead position will work within Technical Operations and closely with Fleet Operations to keep mission effectiveness high and to triage problems to appropriate teams. The role is also responsible for creating and maintaining a vehicle and system knowledge base as well as tracking metrics.
- Escalate severe and recurring problems to leadership
- Train newer staff to elevate their performance
- Report metrics that illustrate areas to target for vehicle improvement
- Work closely with testing team to ensure mission is fully defined
- Rapidly respond to calls for mission assistance
- Ability to quickly and remotely troubleshoot to help with mission continuity
- Awareness of vehicle tasking and objectives
- Understanding of vehicle configuration and software capabilities
- Triage issues that cannot be resolved in the field to maintenance for further diagnostics
- Work closely with other teams, such as maintenance and manufacturing, to reduce repetitive issues.
- Capture troubleshooting steps for integration into knowledge base
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with command line interface, Secure Shell, and remote troubleshooting
- Ability to triage simultaneous requests
- Familiarity with sensors
- Autonomous vehicle testing and support experience a plus
- Ability to refer to and update knowledge base
- Strong at keeping up with changing systems, infrastructure, and procedures
- Cross training in systems, electrical, and vehicle controls
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefit
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.