Sensor Application Engineer
Email your resume directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
This position is responsible for supporting sensor operation and test operation using sensor applications (including but are not limited to sensor application software and quality assurance tools), assisting engineering teams for deployment and troubleshooting, and developing processes. Provide advance troubleshooting support for deeper & most complex challenges escalated from Operation teams. Leadership for this role is supportive, innovative, energetic. The role requires interfacing with operations and engineers.
- Training and educating operations
- Provide working instructions
- Providing operations’ feedback to engineers
- Assisting engineers in test support and documentation
- Organizing computational resource such as PCs, switches, and other devices
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Handling Q&A for operations, offering presentations and demonstrations
- Developing tools/programs to satisfy operations requirements
- Assisting engineers in application/system troubleshooting and debugging
- Facilitating process design, execution, monitoring and maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 1+ years Software or Hardware Applications Engineering, Hardware/Software Development experience, or related work experience
- 1+ years experience with debugging techniques
- Basic skills in project management
- Good communication skills to precisely understand and deliver requirements
- Relevant engineering experience to development programs
- Demonstrating project management abilities
- Developing strong quantitative analysis skills
- Collaborating across interdisciplinary teams
- Professional technical documentation skills
- Cross training in systems, electrical, and vehicle controls
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefit
- Paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.