Autonomous Vehicle Mechanical Technician - R&D
Email your resume directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
The Mechanical Technician - R&D will work with the Mechanical Engineering team to retrofit and customize vehicles in our autonomous driving fleet. They will outfit vehicles ranging from SUVs to tractor trailers. This is an exciting position for candidates with experience in fabrication and who are interested in moving into the autonomous vehicle industry.
- Research and Development of new housings, brackets, mounts, etc. for Autonomous Vehicle systems
- Custom fabrication of one off and experimental designs
- Assembly of mechanical components
- General fabrication of experimental designs
- Testing of designs for durability
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
- General mechanical fabrication skills - some combination of below skills preferred
- MIG / TIG welding
- Mill and Lathe
- Metal Break and Folding
- Cutting and shearing of metal and plastic
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience with torquing fasteners to specifications especially on large commercial vehicles
- Ability to read blueprints/schematics and follow work instructions
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Prior use of general hand tools
- Ability to follow work orders and work instructions
- Must be able to walk 75’ and climb a 10’ ladder
- Must be able to bend, kneel, twist, squat, stand and climb as required to secure load.
- Ability to lift, carry, move, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Requires standing, stretching, walking, stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an outdoor environment.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include non-slip shoes, gloves, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Cross training in systems, electrical, and vehicle controls
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefit
- Paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.