Systems Engineer - Linux
Tusimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, Tusimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
As a Linux Systems Engineer you will act as an escalation point for operations staff supporting Linux servers. You will play a major role in the development of a quickly expanding infrastructure.
You will be in charge of coordinating cross-functional infrastructure operations initiatives that may include architecture, design, testing, and production implementation processes. This position serves as a technical resource to plan and coordinate across the various support and engineering disciplines and subsystems to integrate technical requirements and standards.
- Operation of a large amount of Linux servers.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the IT systems and deployments.
- Configure monitoring for critical infrastructure proactively respond to issues that arise.
- Provides hands-on support where necessary to support the success of assigned initiatives.
- Keep IT knowledge base up to date.
- Mentor junior members of the team on technologies and procedures to increase operational efficiency
- Present proposals on new technology and solutions to cross functional teams and management to solve challenges
- Enterprise Linux administrator experience - Debian based systems preferred
- Advanced shell scripting in Unix-like environments Bash/ZSH preferred
- Strong understanding of DNS - administration, operation and troubleshooting
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as well as geographical areas
- Strong ability to work through complex and unique problems
- Experience with basic automation/configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Strong understanding of Unix/Unix-Like systems and their composition
- GitHub Enterprise, Gitlab, or other code management/version control platforms
- Experience utilizing knowledge-base platforms such as Sharepoint, Confluence, or similar products
- Strong understanding of basic Linux security systems and implementation
- Understanding of LDAP/PAM/Other basic Linux authentication integrations
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Strong familiarity with CLI only environments
- Strong understanding of Linux networking operations and functionality including DHCP, DNS, and static addressing
- Understanding of basic Layer 2 / Layer 3 networking concepts such as subnetting and VLANs
Nice to Have
- Python or other programming experience
- Experience with Atlassian products, such as Jira or Confluence
- Familiarity with automotive grade or ruggedized servers/systems/hardware
- Familiarity with Linux on ARM
- Familiar with Stateless Operating systems
- Understanding of immutable systems and portable design
- Experience compiling Linux kernels and utilization of kernel compilation parameters
- Experience with Intel or Nvidia hardware in Linux environments
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts or platforms
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.