Sensor Hardware Engineer
TuSimple is dedicated to providing the best solutions for autonomous driving. Our mission is to transform the way people see transportation and make it safer, more reliable, and more efficient.
We’re looking for smart and entrepreneurial people to join our team of world-class scientists and researchers.
You'll be closely working with our R&D team to develop sensor system solutions for autonomous vehicles.
- Sensor design requirements: collect and write the sensor requirements document for different sensors
- Sensor sourcing: work with sensor suppliers to get required information, build test bench and evaluate the performance of different sensors
- Sensor hardware system design: select and evaluate different key chips inside the sensor, design key sensor hardware diagrams and interfaces, create hardware evaluation testing based on development board
- Sensor EE architecture and wire harness design: design the EE architecture for sensors, design the power supply and design related wire harnesses
- Sensor system integration and testing: build system solutions, integrate sensors into the whole autonomous system, test system performance, sensor environment testing
- Deep understanding of the principles of one or more following sensors: GNSS, IMU, Lidar, Radar, Camera
- B.S., BEng or M.S. in Engineering, automotive, EE,
- Experience with contacting vendors and reviewing specifications
- Ability to write ROS scripts to subscribe to and publish node information
- Coding experience with Python/Matlab/C for embedded system based application development
- Ability to develop software/firmware based on vendor provided drivers
- Understanding of basic machine learning and data analysis methods - statistical, signal and image processing, filtering, clustering, object detection, segmentation, and classification, etc.
- Experience with experiment design and analysis for a specific sensor system
- Proficiency with C++, Python or Matlab, work or project experience with ROS and RTOS to interface with sensors
- Experience in sensor development, sensor module integration for mobile platforms, sensor performance evaluation
Nice to Have
- Experience with designing and building automatic testing and data collection systems such as a linear motion control system
- Have experience competing in autonomous driving contests
- Have 2+ years of industry experience in Sensors, Autonomous Driving, EE and/or Robotics
- Experience in the development of over 3 different types of sensors
- Work with world class AI and Autonomous Driving Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.