Senior Network Engineer
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, TuSimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety
This position will be responsible for the design, implementation and operation of the enterprise network. Ensuring all network equipment follows best practices for monitoring and logging. The network engineer will work closely with cross functional teams towards project goals. This position will be a subject matter expert and mentor staff on networking methodologies, concepts and technologies.
- Architect, design and implement the next generation corporate and Data Center networks.
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of global IT production network infrastructure, including secure local and wide area networks.
- Network troubleshooting, fault analysis, repair, and upgrade.
- Proactively monitor systems, networks, and applications to provide input in improving the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of systems.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, reliability and availability of enterprise IT network infrastructure.
- Performs the role of Networking SME (Subject Matter Expert) to provide technical expertise to peers, management, other teams.
- Sets up test environments to test new networking ideas or projects to improve our current infrastructure
- Performs network upgrades and refreshes by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Configuring security technologies and services such as NG-Firewalls,IPS,VPN
- In-depth experience deploying, maintaining, monitoring, and logging network devices
- Deep fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP stack, application protocols (DHCP/DNS/HTTPs) and networking concepts (FHRP/NAT/VPN/VLANs/STP/802.1x/VRF/Clustering/High Availability/mLAG)
- Proficiency and working knowledge of IP Protocols (TCP/UDP/ICMP) and Routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF)
- Demonstrated ability to architect secure complex, multi-site networks
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Data Center network design
- Design and operational experience with WAN technologies DMVPN/ADVPN and SD-WAN
- 5-7 years of enterprise network experience in heterogeneous environments
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Occasional travel required up to 10%
- CCNP/JNCIP in at least one discipline: R&S, Security, Data Center
- Multi-tenant Data Center design
- Network virtualization
- Knowledge of Container based architectures
- Experience scripting network automation (e.g. Python, Ansible, shell scripting).
- Public cloud experience architecture and operation
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/options/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.