Tusimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, Tusimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
TuSimple is looking for an energetic, and motivated HR Specialist to be the primary HR operations support to the Tucson, Arizona office. You’ll have the unique opportunity to partner with various leaders to support the people strategy for the Product organization. We are a team of pioneers, paving the way for Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning to enter the autonomous vehicle space. This HR Specialist will work alongside leaders and employees to ensure we’re onboarding, developing, and managing our talent for maximum impact.
- Strong partner to business leaders on HR initiatives
- Lead onboarding and HR functions such as Day 1 Orientation, preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and termination.
- Ensuring new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
- Processing all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval.
- Explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees.
- Participate, and facilitate the performance evaluation processes.
- Handle all employee relations case pertaining to the Tucson, AZ location
- Composure and confidentiality required to handle corrective action and grievance issues.
- Careful monitoring and review of employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Serve as a friendly and dependable HR contact to TuSimple employees who have questions or concerns and is able to direct employees to the appropriate parties for assistance.
- Tracking attendance and paid time off for employees.
- Onboarding and coordination of new hire documents and forms.
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant field.
- 3-4 years of successful work experience as an HR Generalist, Employee Relations, HR administrator or in other HR-related positions.
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. benefits, training, development, employment law).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Greenhouse and Namely is a plus.
- Preferred experience working with high volume or CDL driver population
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese preferred
- Preferred experience in a fast paced, start up environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.