TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driver-less truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
TuSimple is looking for an experienced and motivated Director of People Operations to oversee all aspects of Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Talent Management strategy. You will work closely with your counterparts to plan, develop and provide the best talent/employee experience.
We are a team of bright people, willing to roll up our sleeves and take on new challenges. In return for your hard work, you’ll have the opportunity to work for one of the most progressive artificial intelligence organizations doing ground-breaking work in the autonomous trucking space.
- Lead, manage and develop a growing team responsible for talent acquisition, tactical HR (benefits administration, employee relations, compliance, compensation, payroll in partnership with Accounting, HRIS data integrity), and strategic HR (learning, engagement, performance management, talent and org development, recognition).
- Align HR strategy with the company vision, mission and cultural values, and drive the best HR practices across the business.
- Guide the Talent Management team to develop and optimize the performance management process; to advise and support the leadership team on people issues and strategic employee decisions; to provide coaching creating new leaders; to engage employees and develop L&D plans for individuals when needed; and to strategize on employee engagement, and recognition.
- Collaborate with HR Operations and C&B team to conduct C&B analysis, review internal salary structure and recommend market adjustments as needed; to improve delivery of HR services; and to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Actively engaged in developing the recruiting strategy and overseeing the full life-cycle of talent acquisition including candidate attraction, selection and talent mapping
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or equivalent
- 5 - 7 years of management experience in Human Resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Track record of experience in employment law, HR Operations, Employee Relations, employee engagement, succession planning, C&B, performance management, workforce planning, and L&D
- Ability to influence, engage and partner closely with various stakeholders across all levels of the business in planning, change management, conflict resolution and sensitive situations
- Enjoys sharing knowledge, mentoring and providing guidance through formal and informal training
- Outstanding analytical, project management, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Adaptable, flexible with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative and willing to get your hands dirty
- Experience working in technology space preferred
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.