TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, TuSimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
The Training Manager will be responsible for designing and executing training programs for new and existing employees for our Product Team. This Training Manager will ensure our Driver and RoadOps employee population are fully equipped with the necessary technical knowledge to operate our self-driving trucks in a safe, and effective manner. This individual will oversee and project manage instructional design, e-learning, and facilitation (whether self-facilitated, or through train the trainer). We are a team of bright people, willing to roll up our sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once. In return for your hard work, you’ll have the opportunity to work for one of the most progressive artificial intelligence organizations doing ground-breaking work in the autonomous vehicle space.
- Serve as the lead project manager to develop and deploy training curriculum for new and existing drivers and autonomous driving system operators.
- Builds out a holistic training program through various mediums (classroom facilitation, on the job training, e-learning, train the trainer) as needed
- Work with cross-functional groups including test operation, driver team, functional safety, facilities, and HR to ensure complete coverage of training program, and ensuring that all students are accurately assessed for their technical aptitude.
- Monitor effectiveness of training and for continuous improvement.
- Actively seek continuous feedback from support teams and create additional training to cover new protocols.
- Manage training benchmarks.
- Knowledgeable in ADDIE or similar training methodology
- Bachelor’s degree or above in relevant degree program
- 4-7 years experience in training delivery or similar capacity
- Excellent communication, organization, and coordination skills
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Education Technology, or a related area.
- Three years instructional design experience
- Proven record of creating quality training videos and manuals
- Expert project management skills
- Start-up experience
- Vehicle training experience
- Autonomous systems training experience
- Knowledge of CDL requirements and regulations
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.