With a foundation in computer vision,machine learning, and AI, TuSimple is revolutionizing the logistics industry by creating the first commercially viable L4 fully autonomous trucking solution. With this technology, we aim to create a world where commercial transportation is safer, cost-effective, and leaves a smaller carbon footprint.
As a Linux administrator you will act as an escalation point for operations staff supporting Linux servers both bare metal and virtualized infrastructure. You will play a major role in the development of a quickly expanding infrastructure.
You will be in charge of coordinating cross-functional infrastructure operations initiatives that may include architecture, design, testing, and production implementation processes. This position serves as a technical resource to plan and coordinate across the various support and engineering disciplines and subsystems to integrate technical requirements and standards.
- Operation of a large amount of Linux servers, on prem and AWS.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the IT systems and deployments.
- Configure monitoring for critical infrastructure proactively respond to issues that arise.
- Coordinates, plans, and participates in a portfolio of IT Support and Infrastructure initiatives from architecture through production and support processes.
- Recommends resource planning of operational staff, vendors, subsystem supply chain, and testing environments.
- Provides hands-on support where necessary to support the success of assigned initiatives.
- Keep IT knowledge base up to date.
- Mentor junior members of the team on technologies and procedures to increase operational efficiency
- Evaluate vendor solutions and make recommendations
- Present new technology and solutions to cross functional teams and management.
- Enterprise Linux administrator experience - Debian based systems preferred
- Strong DNS experience - DNS architecture design preferred
- Networking authentication - LDAP, Kerberos, Radius, SSO
- Enterprise VMware design and operation experience
- Network virtualization - standard / distributed switching
- Enterprise NFS storage, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with Bash, unattended installations, kickstart, PXE
- A Team player that can control and manage the work proactively and cascade tactical decisions arriving directly from the Director of IT Infrastructure to the team members.
- Willingness and ability to ingest new technologies at blazing speed. Passion for your job is a plus.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as well as geographical areas (virtually, and sometimes physically).
Nice to Have
- Configuration management - Ansible, chef, salt
- Multi Factor Authentication (MFA)
- AWS operation/architecture
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.