Electrical Design Engineer
Tusimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, Tusimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
The Electrical Design Engineer will use their deep understanding of EE principles in both analog and digital domains to quickly isolate circuit faults in autonomous trucking systems. They will also be utilizing high speed test equipment such as oscilloscopes, data acquisition units, DMMs, logic and spectrum analyzers, etc. Together with our Electronics Technicians will design, prototype and implement electrical systems.
- High-speed mixed digital circuit design
- Supervision of PCB layout and assembly
- Use of high speed interfaces such as USB3, Gigabit, 10G Ethernet, RGMII, SGMII, FPGA serial transceivers, etc.
- Signal integrity analysis and testing in simulation environments
- Solid understanding of modern architecture of microprocessors, microcontrollers and GPU architecture with high speed interfaces
- PCB tool layout knowledge (Preferred Altium Designer).
- Experience with onboard and external DC/DC and AC/DC power technologies as well as PDN distribution and validation
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as RS-232, RS-422, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN and LIN
- FPGA design experience; Verilog and/or VHDL, Altera and or Xilinx tools
- Experience with digital video and image processing in camera equipment
- BSEE or ME or Technical Degree and equivalent experience
- 5 years' experience in electrical engineering
- Strong communication, documentation and technical writing skills
- Automotive electrical design experience a plus
- Experience with hardened embedded system design a plus
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/options/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.