TULA is looking to expand beyond the US within APAC as a top priority and is in need of a highly qualified individual to lead our expansion from the ground up in support of rapid growth for our brand and business. We are looking for a results-driven leader with a strategic mindset, proven track record launching consumer brands in APAC, and an entrepreneurial attitude. This role reports directly to the VP of International.
TULA’s HQ is currently based in NYC, but this role can be based internationally in APAC, and we are open to sponsorship of work related visas.
- Build a cohesive strategy for APAC expansion over the next five years, with China being top priority, to determine when, where, and how to launch
- Develop go-to-market strategy tailored to China, including channel strategy, marketing / brand building plans, and operational support needed
- Source, recommend, negotiate, and own third party relationships with distributors and vendors necessary to launch and drive sustainable growth
- Partner closely with in-house and external supplemental agency support as needed across Regulatory and Legal to ensure compliance, risk management, and brand defensibility
- Identify and project manage all cross-functional work streams necessary to launch in China and potentially other new markets in Asia, and work closely with other leaders and teams (namely Retail, Digital & Ecommerce, Brand Marketing, Operations)
- Execute go-to-market strategies to hit aggressive targets and set the brand and business up for long-term, sustainable success
- Build the tracking systems and success measures for entry, ramp, and growth
- Assess business needs to define the right team structure; recruit, coach, and retain a rockstar team
- Actively manage China P&L
- Ensure Board alignment on China & broader Asia expansion throughout process
- 10+ years of experience in international expansion, general management, growth strategy, business development
- Proven track record launching consumer businesses in China required, beauty experience strongly preferred
- Bilingual English and Mandarin required
- Experience in digital / ecommerce strongly preferred
- MBA preferred but not required
- Ability to travel required
About TULA Skincare
TULA is the leading probiotic skincare and wellness brand, offering innovative products powered by probiotics and superfoods that are both clean & effective. As a digitally native and social first brand, we engage our customers at every touchpoint to help them feel confident in their skin and make it easier to achieve a healthy balance, inside and out. Alongside TULA.com we retail with ULTA Beauty, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Dermstore, QVC, and Amazon. We raised a Series A led by L Catterton, the largest consumer-focused private equity group in the world. Our team has experience in some of the top consumer startups and beauty companies.