Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), Fox Corporation's premium ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With over 200,000 movies and television shows, including a growing library of Tubi Originals, 200+ local and live news and sports channels, and 455 entertainment partners featuring content from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives entertainment fans an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming.
Our Ads team is building out the Ads Ecosystem at Tubi to help advertisers reach their target audience as well as users to enjoy their favorite content for free. You will work with Tubi’s Machine Learning and Data Science teams to build distributed systems that place ads most optimally on Tubi apps through sophisticated algorithms on ad delivery pacing and planning. You will improve the way we deploy and operate our services and even contribute to open-source projects.
- Design and build scalable, high throughput, and/or low latency distributed systems using Scala
- API and service development with quality code and test coverage
- Drive innovation and experimentation by proposing and prototyping new features and technologies, and evaluating their potential impact on the system
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback (especially critical feedback) to ensure the quality and consistency of the codebase
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing scalable distributed systems with one or more JVM languages (we use Scala)
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases, caching technologies, and message brokers
- Proven experience building near real-time services that are high-performing, scalable, and fault-tolerant
- Experience in adtech: serving, targeting, and/or measurement technologies
- Experience with Akka technologies and noSQL databases
- Experience with kubernetes/kustomization, terraform and other infra tools
- Knowledge of JVM resource management
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, long-term incentive plan, and various benefits including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Tubi is a division of Fox Corporation, and the FOX Employee Benefits summarized here, covers the majority of all US employee benefits. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time.
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters.
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy, or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi.
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement.
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.