Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), Fox Corporation's premium ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With over 200,000 movies and television shows, including a growing library of Tubi Originals, 200+ local and live news and sports channels, and 455 entertainment partners featuring content from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives entertainment fans an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming.
About the role:
At Tubi, you will work closely with a stellar team of engineers with a passion for learning through solving the most challenging problems using cutting-edge technology. In this Data Engineering role, you will be building real-time systems to handle data at a massive scale, created by millions of viewers all over the world enjoying the largest content library in streaming. You will enable machine learning engineers to iterate and experiment faster than ever before. You will help data scientists bring ideas to production in days or weeks, not months or years. And you will build tools to enable data analysis and modeling for even the least tech-savvy colleagues. In short, you will enable Tubi to be truly data-driven.
- Lead the data development team to create high-quality, scalable, streaming data pipelines connecting us to all of our users
- Collaborate with the machine learning team, product managers, DevOps team, and data scientists in an open and innovative environment to drive user growth
- Responsible for system architecture design, addressing issues such as performance, scalability, reusability, and flexibility
- Advocate engineering best practices and foster a culture of engineers within the team
- Responsible for technical recruitment and guiding team members' professional development to build an efficient development team
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in a data engineering or related role with 10+ years of work experience
- At least 4 years of technical team personnel management experience, with good system design and architecture, and experience in designing high-concurrency and high-availability services in the industry
- Strong knowledge of Spark DataFrame/DataSet, Spark SQL, Streaming process and cloud storage (e.g., S3)
- In-depth understanding of distributed systems and big data platforms, with complete project experience in big data processing or high-performance backend services, including but not limited to the Hadoop ecosystem, stream computing, time-series data processing, and a strong interest in technology and data-driven business growth
- Preferred coding language with Scala, Python or Java
- Fluent in spoken English
Tubi is a division of Fox Corporation, and the FOX Employee Benefits summarized here, covers the majority of all US employee benefits. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time.
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters.
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy, or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi.
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement.
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.