Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Technology, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 40,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Panama.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced video product manager to help make Tubi the most reliable and loved video experience on the planet. As Tubi’s Senior Product Manager for Video, you will own the end-to-end strategy and roadmap for Tubi’s video player experience. You’ll be joining an empowered cross-functional product team, including world class and dedicated video engineers and designers. You will have the opportunity to define the future of streaming at Tubi and beyond. This role is perfect for you if you love autonomy; like doing things that have never been done before; have a passion for new streaming technologies; and have a desire to grow yourself and your career.
- Create and own a strategy and roadmap to make Tubi’s video experience the most reliable and loved on the planet
- Document technical requirements and workflows in product requirements documents / specs and in our project management platform
- Work with research and design to lead a thoughtful discovery process to identify meaningful opportunities and associated solutions
- Conduct A/B experiments and user interviews to determine the feasibility, usability, and desirability of new product features
- Lead software development backlog grooming and prioritization sessions with the video engineering team
- Assess industry trends to drive video quality improvements keeping cost in control
- Driving video playback experiences across multiple clients like Fire TV, Roku, iOS, Android, etc
- Collaborate closely with engineers within video functionality as well as other teams throughout the company, including other Product Managers, Client Engineers, Content Acquisitions, Legal and external vendors
- Support the development of ongoing video initiatives like adding content security and protection including DRM (Digital Rights Management)
- Introduce and measure product KPIs. Improve Quality of Service metrics
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with live and video-on-demand (VOD) streaming delivery
- Experience leading product development initiatives from discovery to launch
- Experience conducting user interviews and A/B tests to make data-driven decisions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills for documenting workflows, technologies, and designs
- Solid understanding of streaming protocols such as CMAF, HLS, and DASH
- Understanding of video codecs–such as H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC–and audio codecs like AAC and AVC
- Experience working with CDNs like AWS CloudFront, Akamai, and Fastly
- Knowledge of various connected tv / OTT video delivery workflows such as basic networking concepts, source origination, video ingest, encoding, or packaging
- Familiarity with cloud media processing services like AWS Elemental or similar
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, long term incentive plan, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Tubi is a division of Fox Technology, and the majority of all US-employee benefits are covered by FOX Employee Benefits, summarized here. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid "Tubi Holidays" in addition to the 11 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.